Hands down - We love our HomePod. I alone use it for hours on the daily.
But whenever an update drops for it, I have to do the following:
- Tap through settings into the Software Update screen from the Home app.
- back out of the Software Update screen, because it states that the HomePod is up to date
- tap back into the Software Update screen to have it refresh and display that there is in fact a new update for it
- tap update
- watch it download, with absolutely no progress bar
- back out of Software Update screen again after guessing the download and install process is done.
- hope that is installed after that window updates
Seriously, it’s a mess and has been since day one.